Sunday, August 29, 2010

Phil Roeder's Father


Floating City Kowloon - Hong Kong - 2 Jan 54


Phil Roeder is scanning and uploading his father's photos from the 1950s. He writes, "While I am using my late father's camera this week to shoot some film for my 365 project, each night I am posting photos that he took with the same camera more than 55 years ago.

These photos were taken while my Dad served as a Lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean War. They were taken with a Zeiss Ikon Contessa, with a Tessar f2.8/45mm lens, and were shot on Kodachrome 35mm transparency film. I recently had about 70 out of nearly 1,000 slides he shot scanned by ScanCafe in order to preserve as well as share on Flickr.

Most of the photos I'm posting to Flickr were taken over a one year period, between September 1953 and August 1954. The caption for each photo is simply what my Dad noted on each slide."

2 3 4 5

No comments: