Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Cow Takes Manhattan | Manhattan | March 2004
















Back in 2004 I entered a photography contest (I believe it was for Time Out NY). The editors requested a photo series that "represented New York" and was "quintessential New York."  Now, I have no idea why "quintessential New York" translated to a cow wandering the streets of New York to me, but apparently, that's what came to mind. Needless to say, I didn't win the contest. Not even an honorable mention! Anyway, I can hardly believe that these were taken ten years ago. I love looking at the people in the shots and being reminded that there was a time, not so long ago, when the masses had no camera phones, no Instagram, no twitter and were left to just talk about it, with maybe a stack of photos developed at a drug store, this sighting of a lost cow, wandering the mean streets of Manhattan. 

All shot on a Pentax K1000 on Kodak. 






2 3 4 5

No comments: